Meteor was established in 2001 having been awarded Ireland's 3rd mobile licence.
Meteor is a wholly owned subsidiary of eircom Group.
As an Irish mobile communications provider, Meteor aims to bring real competition, and its benefits, to the Irish mobile market.
Meteor has enjoyed unprecedented growth in recent years and now has over one million customers on its network and almost 20% market share (30 September 2009)
Meteor is officially one of the 50 Best Companies to Work for in Ireland!
The annual 50 Best Companies Awards, sponsored by the Great Place to Work Institute and the Irish Independent, recognise great places to work as those where employees trust the people they work for, have pride in what they do and enjoy working with their colleagues.
- At Meteor we are committed to our customers, our colleagues and our community through ethical behaviour, fair dealing and creating an open environment.
- We operate in a market that is constantly evolving and developing and at Meteor we pride ourselves in our ability to embrace change and thrive.
- Key to our growth is the energy and enthusiasm of all of our staff. We encourage teamwork and openness in the workplace. We value being part of a team that is open to new ideas, is fast to make decisions and is daring in the choices that are made.
- Meteor is in business to deliver consistently simple, effective, hassle free, value for money communications for people on the move.
- We are committed to providing a superior service at highly competitive rates by developing and maintaining excellent relationships with our customers and responding to their mobile communication needs as effectively as possible.
- Our success is measured by the continued growth of the company and the enhancement of our reputation.
- Meteor's network covers over 99% of the population.
- Coverage and quality continue to be the focus for Meteor through continual investment in the network.
- In September 2008, Meteor switched on its 3G network and commercially launched its mobile broadband offering, Broadband to Go in March 2009. At the same time, Meteor also introduced its new high speed 14.4Mbps network as the one of most advanced networks available in Europe. Available in Pay As You Go and Bill Pay options, Broadband to Go offers customers the best value existing in the Irish mobile broadband market.
- Initially launched in Dublin and Cork city, Meteor will deploy its high speed network to the remaining cities and major towns by the end of 2009, followed by nationwide coverage.
Quick Meteor Facts
- The latest publicly released figures show that Meteor now has over one million customers as of 30th September 2009 and almost 20% market share.
- Meteor has 40 Stores nationwide including an online store. In addition consumers can now get great Meteor deals from over 400 outlets nationwide including Meteor Stores, Carphone Warehouse, Xtravision and many more.
- We have Regional Offices in:
- Limerick, Galway & Cork
- With over 7,000 top up outlets nationwide Meteor has traditionally been considered a value leader in the Pay As You Go (prepaid) market, which accounts for 75% of overall Irish mobile subscribers.
- In 2009 Meteor launched its revolutionary new Billpay plans offering some of the best value price plans on the market including Billpay Lite, Billpay Connect, Billpay Max and Billpay Surf.
- Designed for consumers of all ages and interests Meteor Mobile Internet is the name given to Meteor’s value added service. This service allows customers easy and safe access to a wide range of content including ringtones, video clips, games, graphics, news, weather and sport, etc.
- Key to Meteor’s sponsorship strategy is the ongoing sponsorship of the Meteor Ireland Music Awards.
- For a second year in a row, Meteor was named as one of the 50 Best Companies to Work for in Ireland in 2009.