Try the Internet free of charge on your mobile… Nice! Check out our great new internet bundles and try before you buy. Get the first 30 days free.
We have two bundles to choose from:
Mobile internet add-ons
BlackBerry® mobile internet add-on
Our daily internet rate
Here’s how it works
- If you don't have a data bundle included in your plan or have gone outside of your allowance - these rates apply.
- We start you off with a 50MB daily allowance.
- Not finished browsing? No problem. You can stay online for just 99c for every MB you use over your daily allowance.
- And of course, if you don’t use the mobile internet you won’t be charged at all.
What does my 50 MB allowance get me?
You can visit 100s of sites, check your mails, or download the latest music and games. It really depends on the kind of pages you are viewing. A web page designed specifically to work on a mobile phone uses approximately 20–25KB, meaning you could view up to 2,500 pages. Standard web pages – those designed for computers – use about 100kB. In this case 50MB would still mean you could view up to 500 pages in any one day.
How much is 500MB?
Our new add-ons mean you can visit 1,000s of sites, check your mails, or download the latest music and games. A web page designed specifically to work on a mobile phone uses approximately 20–25KB, meaning you could view up to 25,000 pages a month on the 500MB plan!
Check your internet balance
You can check your internet usage by free texting ‘Balance Data’ to 50104. You’ll get a text message back telling you how much you have used.
Terms & conditions
One 30 days free offer per customer. SMS opt in is required. And don’t worry; if you do manage to surf your way through all of your allowance within the 30 days, you can keep using the internet with our great day pass rate of 69c. The best value rate on the market! See full terms & conditions.
When you download content such as ringtones, games, video clips and images you may be charged for purchasing these downloads.
* Applications on your phone may cause it to automatically access the internet, please refer to the settings on any applications that you may have installed on your phone. If you want to entirely disable data on your phone please click here for further information.
* Whilst Meteor always endeavour to ensure the completeness and accuracy of this balance at the end of relevant sessions, Meteor does not guarantee same and cannot accept responsibility for any variances that may occur.